Last updated on August 17th, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Definition of Carding
The reduction of entangled mass of fibres of filmy web b y working them between two closely spaced relatively moving surfaces closed with sharp points is called carding. It is the preliminary in spun yarn technology just after the blow room process. Card is the heart of spinning mill and well carded is half spun.
Objects of Carding
- Opening and cleaning: To open and clean the fibres at single stage.
- To make the fibre straight and parallel (Parallelization of fibres).
- To remove the small trash particles which have not been taken out from the blow room line.
- To remove the naps and motes.
- Individualization of fibres ; i,e. separation of fibres from each others.
- Elimination of the remaining impurities.
- Attenuation; draft.
- To produce thick rope form of fibres called slivers which is suitable for subsequent processing.
Tasks of Carding
- Opening of individual fibres.
- Elimination impurities.
- Elimination of dust.
- Disentangling of naps.
- Elimination of short fibres.
- Fibre blending.
- Fibre orientation.
- Sliver formation.
You may also like: What is carding? Definition and Meaning